Friday, January 21, 2011

information about dinosaurs


Hello and good day to you! I’m Pterry and this is Pterry’s True Science. I’ll be stopping by the blog from time to time to share news and information about dinosaurs like me and my pals.
Today I’ve come to tell you about a scientist that is working on creating dinosaurs by manipulating genetics. Hans Larsson, the Canada Research Chair in Macro Evolution at Montreal’s McGill University wants to develop dinosaur traits that disappeared through evolution into birds.(Not a real dinosaur)
It’s not as hard as you might think, birds are essentially dinosaurs and they have a lot of the same genes that dinosaurs did. It’s a matter of turning the right ones on to make them a dinosaur. There is a splendid video with the famous Jack Horner discussing this on the Discovery Channel video page called “The Futurist: Engineering Dinosaurs.”
Well thanks for your time, I have a new invention I’m whipping up and need to get back to!

No comments:

Post a Comment